Everyone knows that prolonged exposure of the sun for our skin is extremely bad. It’s even worse if you don’t partake in any severe sunburn treatment.
However, many of us still go outside tanning for hours at a time without any protection (sunblock or sunscreens).
You see, the sun is so detrimental to our skin and it can lead to severe sunburn which ultimately can result in permanent damage.
But many people still forget to put on sunblock or even or purposely refuse to use it.
If only they knew that failure to use protection from the sun can lead to severe skin damage, nausea, chills, fever, dehydration, swelling, or worse, skin cancer. These are all signs of sun poisoning, also known as severe sunburn.
If you’ve already been exposed to the sun and are already a victim of severe sunburn (sun poisoning), there’s nothing you can do to reverse the damage.
However here are few tips for severe sunburn treatment which ultimately help you relieve the pain.
How do you know if you have severe sunburn?
- Skin redness and tightening
- Severe blisters
- Pain and tingling
- Fever and chills
Severe Sunburn Treatment Tips
Here are the 8 Ways to Treat Severe Sunburn
- Stay out of the sun no matter what. Be a night owl for a few days, until skin is healed.
- Take a cool shower.
- Apply a cold towel or ice pack over affected area for effective severe sunburn treatment.
- Drink extra fluids for a few days.
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen to relieve pain.
- Use aloe gel or a moisturizer.
- Completely cover you areas that have been severely sunburned whenever you are going outside into direct contact with the sun.
- If your skin begins to peel, it is very important to keep the area cleaned while also applying moisturizer to the area.
- BONUS: You can also try some home remedies for sunburn treatment
Seek Medical Assistance If You Are Experiencing:
- A sunburn that forms blisters, covers a large area, or is very painful
- Any form of facial swelling
- Fever and chills
- Severe headaches, confusion, or faintness
- Any signs of dehydration